Seasons come and seasons go, life happens and we tend to miss out on opportunities to honour the seasons within us. This Fall has proven to be one of BIG changes for a lot of people, myself included. Here in the Northern Hemisphere we have entered Fall, the season of dying, ruled by the cardinal direction of the West and the sacred element of Water. Water rules our emotions and our ability to flow through challenges and obstacles. This season presents us with many opportunities to let go of the bullshit, the people, the life, the grit and the residue that has held us in the same spot for years or a life time. Each Fall we are asked to look at where we were this time the previous year and to unbiasedly see where we have been able to accomplish growth and areas we have not. This can be a little hard to look as it is also asking for us to take responsibility for where we are in reference to where we wish we would be. When we take stock of where we were to where we are, we witness the beautiful expansion and we also witness the areas of contraction - the pieces that have stayed the same the longest usually hide here. The pieces of us that we have been working on changing for years where we manage to make some progress only to be pulled back down by the undertow again and again.
This year has been a big one. We have had a lot of energy in the air in relation to clearing Karma and making opportunities for new Karma to take hold. Karma is not simply how you treat others, it is how you treat yourself and how you treat your life. If you are putting in an honest effort and not beating yourself up or dragging yourself through the mud to get there, Karma will find you and treat you accordingly and vice versa.
Right now, there is a lot of Karma being released for me and my family. There is a balance coming forward as Fall Equinox (Mabon which just ended on Sept 29) is about balancing the light and the dark with equal Sun and Moon times in the sky. Fall shows us where we have been going too hard for it is a time of rest and recuperation. It is a time to take stock of what is left in 2019 and the areas we committed to last year or last month and to make a plan in accordance to balancing out the remaining months. It is finding a balance within, the dance of our own individual Yin (feminine) and Yang (masculine) polarities. My inner masculine is taking control over certain areas of my life while my sweet feminine is surrendering in a HUGE way to big, gigantic even, changes happening. "I relinquish control."
Fall gets colder yet the trees grow brighter in colour as they prepare to shed their leaves -use this as a reflection for the trees signify the beauty in the process and the light in the death.
Take your time this time of year and slow right down. Sip your tea or coffee or wine slowly and get lost in the taste upon your tongue. Eat warm veggies like squash to feel the Earth's nourishment for your Soul and warm you from the inside out. This is a time to honour yourself and where you have been and where you are going.
Easy Fire Ceremony Guide
Carve out sometime to write down that which you are ready to let go of (people, things, parts of yourself, self consciousness, job, partner, etc.) and offer it to the fire.
**PLEASE BE CAREFUL AS THIS CEREMONY USES LIVE FIRE**
Take some time and centre and begin to write down all that you wish to release.
If you want, write down that which you want to call in on a separate piece of paper.
If you do not have access to a fire pit use a candle and a bowl of water.
1. To begin, sprinkle salt over the water/fire pit (call on protection and guidance from the four sacred directions).
2. Light your piece of paper on fire with intentions of release. If you are using a fire pit, you are welcome to place your paper into the fire and watch it burn slowly or you are invited to light part of the paper in the fire and hold it in your fingers until comfortable and throwing the burning paper into the fire (either or is fine, I'm a pyro in case you couldn't tell).
3. Let the paper burn for as long as comfortable and drop it in the bowl of water with gratitude.
4. If you chose to write down that which you'd like to call in/manifest, take a few minutes, hold this paper in your hands and feel it all, feel yourself as that person who has all that they have written down, feel yourself in power, gratitude and alignment.
5. Offer this piece to the fire/candle and repeat the process as you did for the first one.
6. Take your bowl of water outside, dig a little hole and pour this into the Earth as an offering and a symbol of resolve. If you have a fire pit simply slow down and watch the paper burn slowly, you are also welcome to light it carefully, hold it in your fingers until comfortable and then dropping it into the fire.
7. Sprinkle salt over your fire for closing.
8. Give yourself some time to sit by your candle/fire pit and acknowledge the growth you just inspired.
With love and gratitude,
9. Journal as this ritual also calls forward your ancestors, guides and angels to help you on your way and these thoughts come in loud and clear and then they can disappear just as quickly.
with love, compassion, gratitude and forgiveness